Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh Now It's Christmas Time!

I LOVE Christmas! What's not to love? Christmas is a celebration of the greatest gift given to all of the world -- the Savior.  This year it is taking on an even deeper meaning to me than ever before because I know that it is because of this wonderful gift that I will see Dad again and that we enjoy an eternal relationship as father and daughter. I'm missing him so much but I'm grateful for the knowledge of why we're here and where we're headed.  I can't begin to express my gratitude for Dad's life and for his righteous example and selflessness.  He understood what it meant to follow the Savior and he lived the Gospel.

I'm loving the music, the decorations, the gift purchases, the planning, and I'm anticipating the fun! I'm reading the Four Gospels (a tradition I began in the last couple of years between Thanksgiving and Christmas). I find that reading about and pondering the life of Christ makes me more open and more receptive to the Spirit of Christmas -- which is the Spirit of Christ.

The First Presidency Devotional opened this season with a sweetness and focus that blesses our whole family.  I loved having the boys and Amy here for dinner and to watch the devotional. It felt warm and sweet and joyful to be here and listen to the living Prophet together as we were reminded about the real meaning of this wonderful, important season.

1 comment:

  1. I love your tradition of reading the 4 gospels. I'm going to do it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete