Monday, October 25, 2010

Dissertation Stress

I'm preparing for my dissertation defense on Nov. 9th.  I find myself waking up in the night worrying about whether the dissertation is good enough, whether I'm really ready, wondering what kind of questions they will ask me, worrying that there will be some blatant error in the manuscript that I will not see until after it's published and forever there for all to see.  It's weird.  The bulk of the work is done; the issues that remain are not about the research and the content -- they are about formatting and editing.  It's crazy!!

No one but my committee and a few people will ever read this.  Some poor college student looking for research about National Board Teacher Certification or someone researching about effective professional development will read parts of it -- maybe! But truthfully, most dissertations are unread.

I will be so glad when it's over!

1 comment:

  1. I'VE read it and I think it's GREAT! Now quit worrying! I forbid you from stressing about it from this moment forward! Oh, and I love your "Be's" GIF. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete