Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goals for 2009: So far, so good!

I set only 2 goals for 2009. Frankly, I don't normally set goals at the new year because it's too easy to flake out but I decided this year it would be ok. My first goal is to improve on my monthly fast. My desire is to make it more meaningful and more intentional. The ultimate desire is to improve my spiritual capacity, perspective and sensitivity. My second goal is to improve my health through improved nutrition, movement, etc. Again, ultimately to improve my strength, health, and physical capacity.

To some it will be immediately evident that these goals are closely related and that improvement in the first will facilitate and support improvement in the second.

I guess making these public by stating them here will help me be more accountable for my progress in them.

Last Sunday, my fast was more intentional and focused. I had several things on my mind as I fasted. I felt my ability to meditate and pray about these concerns helped me. During this week I have felt the increased awareness and I've been able to more closely access the personal revelation that I need. For example, a decision I needed to make came more easily and clearly to me as I prayed about what to do. Also, I found myself making better decisions about food, sleep, and exercise this week with increased awareness about my body and my spirit and what will I truly need.

No comments:

Post a Comment