Sunday, May 29, 2011

Personal Revelation

So, in the weeks since I last posted, I've had an interesting experience. I posted that I had decided to continue to work as a principal for now with some consulting and/or teaching on the side. I had prayed and felt right about this decision.  Yet, there were people around me, inside and outside of the district, who kept telling me that I should reconsider that decision.  Then, a couple of major central office players announced their resignations and retirements.  Wow! Opportunities would be opening that may not come around again for several years. So, once again, I prayed about my decision and felt I had made the right decision.  A friend and mentor encouraged me to go talk with the superintendent before I wrote off these opportunities -- just to get a feel about what's going on and where I might fit in --- and IF I SHOULD fit in.  I prayed before I went to visit with the superintendent that I would walk out of that meeting with a clear mind and understanding.  Well, prayers are answered and sometimes very directly.  I walked out of that meeting knowing that a central office job in this district at this time is NOT the right thing to do. The superintendent revealed herself and her thinking in a way that made it crystal clear that I DO NOT WANT to be part of the central administration organization at this time.  More information was shared with me after that meeting that confirmed my thinking.

I'm so grateful for prayer. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father doesn't leave us here to struggle without help.  I feel so good about my decision AND I know that I received the correct answer to my concerns and my prayer through the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  Heavenly Father is looking out for me.  So, we'll see what my future holds.  I feel free and clear and I have deeper understanding about what I need to do at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment